Thursday, October 16, 2008

Love part II: Brief MK story

In this post, I had written about MK, the first girl I fell in love with. Well, this is the story of how destiny gave me at least a small reward for all those years of unreciprocated love.

When I say unreciprocated it kinda sounds like she rejected me, but it was even more pathetic than that. I never told her how I felt and she probably never suspected anything. We were friends and that was all. Actually I don't even know if she considered me a friend. I was about one year younger than her and since girls mature at a faster pace than boys she probably saw me as a little brother. That's a Korean thing.

It was my first year in college and I hadn't seen or talked to MK for a long time. I was actually already interested in the girl I would fall for and date for a while (KK) but we hadn't hooked up yet. Well, I ran into MK in a club where Korean-Brazilian students were gathered for their "first-years introduction yearly party", or whatever it was the excuse older male students had to make to get to know the newest crop of young girls. MK was a sophomore in another school and she looked prettier than I ever remembered.

My feelings for her didn't come back like in romantic comedies. As I said before I already had KK in my mind. But I was still a man. And everybody knows men are like every male in any species in nature. We want to spread the joy to as many females as we can. More than that though, I think I wanted to prove to myself I could have her if I wanted to.

I asked her to dance a slow one and she said yes. I don't remember what we talked about during that dance, but I remember I had an erection (no, I'm not a pervert, but come on, 18 year old boys will get a boner if they hug a light pole). She was nice enough not to say anything (Is that an anaconda in your pants or are you just happy to see me?) about my overexcited buddy and by the end of the song we were making out.

It feels like this story is building up to a night of passionate love or at least a quickie in the club restroom but none of that happened. We retreated to a quiet corner of the club and kissed some more and that was it. The kissing was great, she had these thick lips and it was great to finally kiss her, after all those years wanting to do it.

I don't know if I was too innocent or if I was too into KK, but I never pursued anything more with MK after that night. A few months later I was happily dating KK and loving every moment of it (although she was - and still is, according to what they tell me - a bitch).

But that night with MK was special because it transformed me. I made my bones that night. From then on I knew I could close a girl if I wanted to. And that knowledge would change my life completely.

Short comments:

(1) KK was also in the club that night. I'm starting to look real bad here.

(2) I realize this post is very misogynistic. I'm talking about girls as if they were objects. Well, I hate to break it to any girl out there but that's how guys feel and talk when you're not around.

(3) Why am I using initials instead of their real names? It's not likely they will ever read this.

(4) Since then I changed a lot. I am now a happily married man and proud father of a 4 year old girl.

1 comment:

Marina said...

Misogynistic? No, why?

Don't worry, guys are objects for us too ^^ so it's only fair ^^