Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

On Halloween night I joined some friends and we took our kids trick-or-treating. In our group, we had four princesses (Snow White, Belle, Aurora and a generic one) and two firemen and, by the end of the night, I had seen ghosts, pirates, Hogwarts students and lots of other creatures, and all of them went home with their bags full of candy.

Watching the kids get their portion of candy at each door, I couldn't help but admire the way in which people decorate their houses for this night. There were some nice ones, like a spider web made of Christmas lights or a guy who transformed his garage into a haunted house, but in only two instances I felt compelled to put my beer aside (in a plastic cup, of course) and snap a picture.

It's a pumpkin and I only took the picture above because I know how hard it is to carve something like this. Wonderful job.

Now if the picture above isn't disturbing, I don't know what is. I know it's Halloween but there should be some limits.

No comments: