Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Beijing 2008

I'm hooked on the Olympic Games, can't think of anything else during these two and a half weeks. Short ones:

1) As of August 13th, South Korea has 6 gold, 6 silver and 1 bronze medals. North Korea has 1, 2 and 4. Together, Korea has 7 gold, 8 silver and 5 gold medals.

2) Optimistic as I am, I predict South Korea will get another 4~5 gold medals. I'm guessing judo, archery and taekwondo will bring them.

3) Spanish people need to figure some things out. I didn't see this coming but people still managed to turn blatant racism against Asians into an African American issue.

4) I'm also part Brazilian (thus entitled to criticize Brazil) and what a ridiculous performance so far. Only 3 bronze medals??? Ridiculous for such a large and populous country.

5) American TV doesn't care for the Olympic Games.

No comments: